Do you suffer from stress and anxiety?
Common Signs of anxiety include:
- Fear and dread
- Overpowering feelings of panic
- Uncontrollable obsessive thoughts
- Painful, intrusive memories
- Recurring nightmares
- Enduring physical symptoms such as a pounding heart, being easily startled, and unrelenting tension in muscles
- Sweating, trembling, or shaking
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Feeling unreal or disconnected
- Fear of losing control
These symptoms can come and go, but if they last at least six months, there may be an underlying anxiety disorder that needs to be addressed with professional help.
Treatment for stress and anxiety usually include:
- Physical relaxation techniques
- Assessment and re-evaluation of thinking patterns
- Mindfulness techniques
- Gradual exposure to feared stimuli until there is a reduction in fear
- Treatment for insomnia
- Acceptance strategies
- Problem solving strategies
- Medication as needed
Our clinicians provide compassionate support to help you live a more fullfilling life where you feel more in control rather than being controlled by your anxiety symptoms. Make an appointment.