MA, LMHC, LMFT
Private Pay Only
Private Pay: Individual $250
Private Pay: Couples/Families $350
Private Office - Leschi
811 Yakima Ave S
Seattle, WA 98144
MA, LMHC, LMFT
Clients often report that Brien's presence is grounding, warm, and supportive.
I have a special focus and love for relationship counseling.
For 15+ years I have had a special focus and love for relationship counseling.
I am an Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist. I specialize in relationship counseling and trauma, i.e. helping individuals heal from the wounds of a difficult childhood. My goal is to help my clients feel at home within themselves while having deliberate, fulfilling, and connected relationships.
When working with couples and families I work collaboratively to de-escalate negative cycles of disconnection, develop relationship stability, and construct new patterns that result in connected and satisfying relationships. I teach relationship skills and a relational philosophy for maintaining both a vibrant sense of self and a loving and connected relationship.
I work with relationships of all configurations and sexual orientations, including LGBTQ and straight relationships, non-monogamy, monogamy, married, unmarried, together for decades, newly connecting, with or without children, and blended families.
- Certificate Course in Emotionally Focused Therapy with Sue Jonhson: Attachment-Based Interventions for Couples in Crisis
- Certified Gestalt Therapist (Gestalt Associates Los Angeles)
- AEDP Immersion Course (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy)
- Treating Affairs and Trauma (Gottman Institute)
- Clinical Supervision: Becoming an Approved Supervisor (Antioch University)
- Certified Gottman Bringing Baby Home Educator (Gottman Institute)
- Emotion-Focused Therapy: Love as an Attachment Bond (ICEEFT)
- Level One & Two training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy (Gottman Institute)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy Externship (ICEEFT)
- Core Skills Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- The Heart of the Matter: A Clinicians Guide to Attachment Theory (ICEEFT)
- Mindfulness and meditation with Pema Chodron
- Gestalt Associates Training Los Angeles, Faculty
- Private Practice Psychotherapist, since 2005
- Private Practice Clinical Supervisor to Licensure Associates
- Certified Gottman Bringing Baby Home Educator
- Ruth Dykeman Youth & Family Services Family Services Therapist
- Washington State Licensed Mental Health Counselor # LH 60071756
- Washington State Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist # LF 60354195
BA, The Evergreen State College, Cultural Anthropology
MA, Antioch University, Child Couple & Family Therapy, Mental Health Counseling
Gottman Levels 1-2
EFT Externship, Core Skills, and Certification Track
Certified Gestalt Therapist
AEDP (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy) Immersion Training
Mindfulness and meditation with Pema Chodron